Tuesday, April 23, 2013

UFC Behind The Scenes




I had the opportunity to work behind the scenes at the Henderson Vs. Melendez fight in San Jose on April 20th. I had an interesting view since I was pulling cable for the camera stationed in the locker rooms. I got to see what it was like for the fighters before and after the fights. Benson Henderson, the defending light-heavy weight champion, had an interesting way of warming up. He went out of his locker room and started doing sprints up and down the hall ways where all the media was. This made my job harder since my job is to not trip him with my camera man’s cable.

Nick Diaz was pissed off at the referee for calling the fight on his brother Nate. They exchanged some words about it. Team Diaz had an interesting vibe compared to all of the other teams. They kind of kept to themselves and blasted their rap music. They were also sore losers.

I wanted to be working ringside but after seeing the fight from this angle I was glad to have been in the locker rooms. There was no better way to spend 420 then with the Diaz brothers while they were warming up.

By: Jeff Hogg 

No comments:

Post a Comment